Sunday, November 16, 2008

Clean Kitchen = Happy Mandy

A clean kitchen inspires me to cook. A clean kitchen makes me feel as though my life is in order even if I do have a dirty clothes hamper overflowing. Real Simple magazine and their online resources are great for outlining the easiest and most efficient way to live life. Here, I've posted RS recommendations for keeping the kitchen in tip top shape sure to inspire you to bake and cook, share and entertain!

Every Day
Wipe down the sink after doing the dishes or loading the dishwasher (30 seconds).
Wipe down the stove top (one minute).
Wipe down the counters (one minute).
Sweep, Swiffer, or vacuum the floor (two minutes).

Every Week
Mop the floor (five minutes).
Wipe the cabinets, backsplashes, and appliances (10 minutes).
Wash the dish rack (four minutes).
Wipe the switch plates and phone (one minute).
Wipe the inside of the garbage can (one minute).

Every Season
Empty and scrub down the inside of the refrigerator (30 minutes).
Empty and clean the insides of the utensil drawers (15 minutes).
Scrub down the cupboard exteriors (30 minutes).
Clean the stove-hood filter (10 minutes).
Perform "Shiny Sink 101"



For a shiny and clean sink, fill the sink with hot water up to the rim. Add one cup of regular bleach and let sit for an hour. Then drain and wash thoroughly. Sparkly Clean!!!

2 comments:

  1. I do most of the every day stuff, except sweep. That's only once or twice a week. I'm glad my floors are dark to begin with.

    Happy 100th blog post eve! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the shiny, sparkly clean sink idea! Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me, I love hearing from you!