Thursday, November 27, 2008

My Birthday

November 27th was my 29th birthday. It was a great day! Jim and I drove from Austin to Houston to be with my parents and my brother. We went to a movie that I've been wanting to see, Four Christmases. It was hilarious. After the movie we went out for a nice steak dinner and then to a local hangout for drinks. And.... I am able to cross two biggies off my Kitchen Wishlist! Jim gave me a beautiful KitchenAid mixer and my parents gave me a Wusthof Cutlery Set! I am so excited and can't wait to test these new tools out in my kitchen.

I tried some new recipes while in Houston this week. Coming up I will share Chipotle Meatballs that I made as an appetizer and some amazing shortribs that my mother braised in wine. There is also a Barefoot Blogger post on Mexican Chicken Soup that I am putting in the "Make This, NOW!" file. Oh my! Stay tuned.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day indeed, and got some awesome gifts! I look forward to seeing your latest recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitchenaid mixer!!! Woohoo! What a great boyfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I'm so glad you got your Kitchen Aid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Way to go, Jim (and your parents)! You'll have a great time cooking with your new mixer and knives!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! So exciting about the KitchenAid!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me, I love hearing from you!