Friday, November 14, 2008

Camping Snack

I've been traveling for work since Tuesday. That is three nights that Jim has had to feed himself. I wasn't worried though, I left plenty of meals for him to reheat, bread and deli meat, egg noodles. I knew he would survive without me.

But today... Oh, today I recieved a text message from Jim that said, "I miss your cooking." How completely sweet. I've managed to make him believe he can't go on without me. Ha! Success!

I drive home today and can't wait to sleep in my own bed, use my own toilet, do my own laundry (well, not that last part) but being home will be really nice.

On to the recipe. This is great weather in Texas to go camping. The leaves are just starting to change, but most everything is still green. Our days are a sunny 75 degrees with a cool breeze and our evenings cool off to around 50 degrees. My November gets really busy so there is no time for a weekend camping trip, but there is always time to make yourself a camping treat.


Here I grabbed some graham crackers, peanut butter and marshmallows.

Smear a little peanut butter on the graham crackers.

This right here would be a nice snack with some thin granny smith apple slices.

But today I'm placing a large marshmallow on top and placing under the broiler.

Don't walk off, these brown FAST.

It smells like we are camping again.

Quick and easy, these satisfy the craving I have for the wild outdoors...at least for a little while.

3 comments:

  1. Oooo, I love it! I don't really like the chocolate on a regular smore...too much, but I absolutely love peanut butter. I'm going to try these tonight but have my kids do it...how fun for them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds awesome! Hope you have a wonderful welcome home and you treat yourself and your man to a homecooked meal.
    ~Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm! I can just imagine giving this to Violet... Sugar Rush!!! We'd have to peel the kid from the ceiling. Huh, maybe we should try this at MiMi's and Grandpa's? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me, I love hearing from you!