Saturday, September 27, 2008

Lamb Chops

This was not only a quick dinner, but a delicious one. The lamb chops came from the Austin Farmers Market and that makes me feel good knowing I’m buying local and from a reputable farmer. I found several recipes online, but they all were a slight variation on a tried and true method – sear on each side for 2-3 minutes.
I rinsed lamb chops with water, then blotted dry with a paper towel.
Next I filled a sauce pan full of fresh spinach over medium heat and added a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper.
I also sprinkled both sides of the lamb chops with salt and pepper.
Add lamb chops to a hot skillet and sear for two minutes,
Then flip and sear for another two minutes.
To add mucho flavor I added a tablespoon of parmesan chive butter to each chop.
Then I simply turned the heat off and covered my pan so the butter would melt over the chops.
My spinach is nice and wilted by now. See how much it cooks down? That’s why I always add way more fresh spinach than I think we can eat.
I plated these by putting spinach on bottom, placing lamb chops on top and then added garlic and rosemary new potatoes.

This was DELIGHTFUL!

3 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious - but the only way I am ever allowed to do lamb chops is on the charcoal grill. I might try the parmesan chive butter though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lamb and your dinner looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That looks delicious!! I love that butter on top!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me, I love hearing from you!