Saturday, September 6, 2008

Barefoot Bloggers

I have some exciting news - I’m now a part of the Barefoot Bloggers group!! This is an assembly of cookers and bakers with a love of all things Ina. Each month we are challenged to make Ina Garten's (Barefoot Contessa) recipes as a group and blog about them on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month.


The very first recipe I made of Ina's was her Scallops Provencal and it turned out so well. I made it twice in two weeks it was so good. And easy may I add. I know a lot of her stuff is quite complicated, but I'm up for the challenge.

I’m joining this group of 100+ members with the hope of stretching my skills and expanding my knowledge in the kitchen.
(This is the only picture I could find of me in the kitchen. Why would Jim photograph me loading the dishwasher?)

My first challenge is just PERFECT, Grown Up Mac and Cheese by Ina. This is Jim’s comfort food, although his favorite mac and cheese comes from a blue box.
I guess depending on how Jim feels about this dish we will find out if he is a grown up or not. Ha!

Thanks to Heather of Randomosity and the Girl for choosing the Grown up Mac and Cheese. My post will appear on Thursday, September 11.

The following week (11/25/08) you will see me post Cream of Wild Mushroom Soup which was chosen by Chelle of Brown Eyed Baker. I will make this, but I may not eat it. I'm just not a fan of mushrooms so if you like mushrooms and live in Austin just invite yourself over and you can have some.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot to me, I love hearing from you!