Saturday, May 23, 2009

Final Pictures from Napa/Sonoma Trip


Here are some more pictures from our San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma trip. These are our crazy friends we went wine tasting with. What a blast!

This was one of the vineyards I was considering as a wedding ceremony and reception spot.

The landscaping was simply beautiful.

This is their tasting room with a magnificent mural of grapes on the back wall.


This was another ceremony/reception site that we were checking out, but we weren't that fond of it. Unfortunately a bug got to their grapes, and they had to rip out the entire vineyard around the estate.

We closed out our trip with a fantastic meal at Chef Michael Chiarello's restaurant in Yountville, Bottega. Everything that came out of the kitchen was mouth watering and good. We had polenta Under Glass which was a neat presentation of a glass jar half filled with polenta, topped with sauteed mushrooms and topped with a juicy balsamic game sauce. Not my favorite, but everyone else loved the Wood Grilled Octopus served with olive oil braised potatoes, pickled red onion and salsa verde. I absolutely melted over the Ricotta Gnocchi, and will definitely try to recreate this dish soon. My favorite was the Smoked & Braised Natural Short Ribs preserved-lemon spinach with smokey jus. You had to pick me off the floor - the meat fell right off the bone and the flavors were explosive! It was a fantastic dinner, and a wonderful closing event with our friends.


On the way to the airport, Jim stopped at one of my most treasured places - Oakville Grocery. Oprah always stops here when she is in town - and I just love Oprah! I got a coffee and then we made our way back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot to me, I love hearing from you!