Thursday, March 26, 2015

Baked Tilapia With Coconut-Cilantro Sauce

 

The original recipe from Food Network was appealing to me because you blend all the ingredients in a blender and then bake everything together. It sounded super easy...and it was!



Ingredients
Canola oil spray
Four 6-ounce pieces tilapia fillet
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
1/2 cup light reduced-fat coconut milk
1/2 cup cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
1 teaspoon peeled chopped fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
2 garlic cloves
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
3 cups cooked brown rice, for serving

Then I couldn't find garam masala at my grocery store. Instead I bought this green curry paste.


I have become obsessed with this Thai Kitchen Green Curry Paste ever since I first tried it. I don't know that it is the best out there.  Maybe there is a better product at the Asian Food Market and one day I will try looking there. For now, this Thai Kitchen brand is a staple in my pantry.

For this recipe, I used it in place of the ginger, garam masala, garlic and jalapeno.

Essentially, my ingredient list for this recipe is:

1 jar of Green Curry Paste
1 can Coconut Milk
1/2 bunch cilantro leaves
frozen tilapia
3 cups cooked rice, for serving


Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Sprinkle the fish with the salt and place it in the baking dish.
Combine the coconut milk with the cilantro and green curry paste and pulse in blender until the mixture is fairly smooth. Pour the mixture over the fish. Bake until the fish is just opaque in the center, about 15 minutes. Garnish with more cilantro and serve with the rice.

 
I loved the sauce so much I made this same meal again but instead used shrimp. It was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot to me, I love hearing from you!