Saturday, March 7, 2015

Menu of the Week + Chicken & Dumplings Update

Our menu of the week consist of one of Jim's most favorite meals: Chicken and Dumplings. There were two other stars on the menu that I guarantee will be making a comeback on our menu board in a few weeks. The Salmon in Lemon Brodetto with Pea Puree was amazing. Keep reading for links to recipes.


The Salmon in Lemon Brodetto with Pea Puree consist of three easy to assemble parts: the broth, the puree (all done in a food processor, and the salmon (cooked in the oven.) This recipe has "spring" written all over it and could not be easier or quicker to make. I'm telling you that you should give this recipe a try.


The other stand out recipe was NOT the chili dogs. It was the Coconut Cilantro Tilapia that I thought was super easy to fix and was so full of flavor. I could just LICK the sauce off my plate. I will post that recipe soon.

For this weeks recipe spotlight, I'm linking back to my original Chicken and Dumpling post.


My version has come a long way however. I start with onion, carrot, celery and garlic.  Then I add white wine to deglaze the pot.

I still use the canned cream of chicken soup because I like the flavor and thickness it gives the soup. I also still use the canned biscuits cut into tiny pieces. Harper likes to help me with the biscuits - it's a perfect job for her little hands.

At the very end I add frozen green peas. I just love all the color in this recipe - and Jim loves it too!


1 comment:

  1. Looks warm and yummy. Would love the fish recipe as I am a cilantro fan :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me, I love hearing from you!