Friday, July 17, 2009

Poker Party and Spinach-Green Chile Dip Recipe

Here is another simple appetizer recipe that makes about 10 – 12 servings.

Here is what you need:
1 small can chopped green chilies
1 1/2 cups cooked spinach, dry and chopped
1 small onion, chopped finely
4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese
2 tablespoon milk

COMBINE all ingredients and refrigerate for several hours prior to serving. Done. No kidding. Love it!!

I made this dip for Jim's birthday poker party. For the main course I made pulled pork tacos with all the fixings, along with homemade guacamole, red salsa, verde salsa, meatballs, and other munchies. Click here for my salsa recipes!

I decorated the buffet by filling a pretty glass vase with poker chips and spread playing cards face up on the table.

When hosting a "munchy" type party where you want people to help themselves, I recommend setting out everything a guest needs - plates, forks, napkins all within easy access so guests know the buffet is open and ready.

2 comments:

  1. I am lovin this dip. What a nice change from the normal hot artichoke dip!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me, I love hearing from you!