Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hard to Believe Meatballs

This combo reminds me of something you would find on Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee. It's not really my style, but I tell you what... when you are hosting a party and want to get a bunch of appetizers out quickly, this is a SURPRISINGLY great recipe to use along with your other homemade recipes. Thanks to Erica Daniels from Dallas, TX for sharing this recipe with Erin Gunter, who shared this with me!

Look, you can find a similar recipe right on the back of the Heinz Chili Sauce bottle. Here is what you need for Erica's version:
1 bag frozen meatballs, already cooked
1/2 jar of grape jelly
1 jar of chili sauce, found near the ketchup
1 small can of tomato paste

THAW meatballs and set aside.

COMBINE jelly, chili sauce and tomato paste in a large pot. Simmer on low until sauce is fully combined.

FOLD in meatballs and stir to distribute the sauce fully. Simmer on low heat in stove top or in a crock-pot. Serve with toothpicks.

But actually, know what I did? I simply put everything in a crock pot... even the frozen meatballs. I simply dumped all the ingredients and turned the crock pot on high until meatballs were thawed and sauce was hot. People LOVED these, and I couldn't believe how well the sweet jelly and spicy chili sauce blended together. You don't even have to share with your guests how easy this actually is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot to me, I love hearing from you!