Monday, February 27, 2017

Menu of the Week







Sunday: Seared Sea Scallops with Leek Risotto and Lemon-Brown Butter Sauce
This was the Valentine dinner I made for Jim and it was amazing. The risotto is made the by standing over the stove for 20-30 minutes stirring the rice slowly and ladling hot broth every 5 minutes. When you have time to make an impressive dinner meal, this is the one to bookmark!

Monday: Roasted Salmon over Parmesan Garlic Green Beans
I seasoned salmon with salt and pepper and roasted in the oven at 400 degrees for 14 minutes. On the same sheet pan I tossed green beans with olive oil and sprinkled over salt, pepper and minced garlic. After 14 minutes I pulled the pan out and grated fresh parmesan over the beans which melted instantly, making this one pan dinner delicious and easy.

Tuesday: Beef and Cheddar Casserole (a play on Pioneer Woman's Sour Cream Bake.)
I had 4 cups of leftover tomato meat sauce left over from another recipe so I repurposed it by making a casserole that reminds me of a super easy lasagna. I cooked egg noodles and then tossed with sour cream, and spread in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. I topped the egg noodles with all the meat sauce, then sprinkled shredded cheddar cheese on top. Baked the whole thing for 15-20 minutes and then scoop into bowls.

Wednesday: Loaded Baked Potato Soup
I had high hopes for this dinner but in the end, Alton Brown let me down. There was far too much stock and the soup was thin. But then again, nothing compares to this Goody Girl Potato Soup.

Thursday: Butternut Squash Soup topped with Shrimp
I've made this Martha Stewart soup several times and can't believe that a recipe with so few ingredients comes out so creamy and flavorful. There isn't even any cream in this soup and it has such a creamy consistency. It is my new go-to. Top with shrimp and/or bacon and it's a one pot meal.


Friday: Thai Turkey Meatballs
While Jim isn't completely sold on curry dishes, I absolutely love them. Especially when a recipe specifically calls for a jar of green curry, I'm on it! This recipe by Nigella Lawson is really delicious, although not a meal the kids enjoy either. Apparently, I'm the only one who likes it.

Saturday: Date Night (Sushi!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot to me, I love hearing from you!