Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Menu of the Week





Sunday: Lamb and Sweet Potato Stew
This recipe from Food52 inspired me to use Lamb for maybe the second time in my life. The meal turned out to be a fragrant, slightly sweet lamb stew for the final days of winter. Double win, the kids loved it also.

Monday: Salmon in Lemon Brodetto and Pea Puree
Ya'll are going to be so sick of me posting about this recipe. I make it for dinner on a Monday all the time and I also make it for dinner guests. It's good.

Tuesday: Tuesday Taco Night
When my brother and I were old enough to be trusted with the stove my mom would assign us each a night to make dinner. We made Taco's and Spaghetti, but I can't remember which one I made on my assigned night. Still to this day, taco night means ground beef with a packet of taco seasoning added. I rarely shred lettuce but serve with cheddar cheese, jarred salsa and some beans. Sometimes I take the seasoned ground beef (or turkey actually) and make quesadillas. Super easy, no recipe needed.

Wednesday: Pork Chops with Kale and Wasabi Mustard Sauce
Ya'll, this recipe from bon appetit is so good. I would say it's up there for Jim on top five pork recipes. I had Wasabi Mustard in the fridge so I put a spin on the original recipe. Remember how I don't like to repeat!

Thursday: White Pizza with Arugula
Oh Ina, you never fail me. I make her white pizza by using frozen pizza dough to make this a quick dinner that Jim and I just love. The kids would eat it too but we don't want to share.

Friday: Tom Kha Gai
Traditional Thai Coconut Soup is simply amazing. I cut some corners with my version by using a jar of Thai Kitchen Green Curry Paste. I started by sauteing onion, garlic and fresh ginger in a saucepan and then added the curry paste and coconut milk. I added shredded chicken and chicken stock. Sometimes I put a scoop of white rice on top, but I always sprinkle a chiffonade of basil on top.

Saturday: Spaghetti and Meatballs
My whole family loves spaghetti and meatballs. You can read my go-to recipes here. I use ground turkey and let Harper help me roll the meatballs. These freeze really well too so I usually always have extras on hand to repeat this meal a week or two later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot to me, I love hearing from you!