Thursday, December 16, 2010

Super Special Spicy Pickles, Part II

It's been four days since we made our Super Special Spicy Pickles and they are now done "cooking." Jim conducted a taste test this afternoon and gave me the nod of approval. Hooray!

The sugar completely dissolves creating a sticky and spicy liquid. It's hard to describe the consistency though, the sugar must in some way firm up the pickle slices making them crunchy.

The pickles are sweet and slightly tart and the heat from the tobasco sneaks up on you, making them as addictive as chips and salsa. Addictive!

Jim and I packed these in mason jars and I will decorate them later with red and green ribbon to give as homemade Christmas gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot to me, I love hearing from you!