Thursday, August 19, 2010

Shrimp and Pasta Primavera

I am just in awe of the wonderful people I have "met" through blogging, I swear food bloggers must be the kindest folks on earth. Janet (of From Captain's Daughter to Army Mom) and I have been following each other for a while but never connected over e-mail until it dawned on me recently that we should swap posts and introduce our readers to each other. One big happy family I think!

If you didn't see her mouth watering Chocolate Biscotti recipe she posted on my blog yesterday, be sure to check it out. She's such a wiz with the baked goods and I'm totally jealous. Like she said on her guest post, I'm the kind of kitchen goddess that throws a bit of this and a dash of that into my dishes depending on what mood I am in or what I have on hand. The science of baking baffles me, but I do promise to try her chocolate biscotti recipe because she made it look so easy!


This recipe for Shrimp and Pasta Primavera is exactly the kind of dish I like to have in my back pocket because its flexible and customizable. Pasta Primavera is an Italian pasta and vegetable dish (do we see a trend here with the Italian posts?) Primavera is Italian for spring, and the dish is designed to use up seasonal vegetables so you can really make this your own. The blend of vegetables used in this dish varies widely depending on location and preference, but onion, carrots, zucchini, broccoli, bell pepper, peas and mushrooms are commonly added. A cheesy cream sauce is blended with the pasta and vegetables in traditional Pasta Primavera but in my carnivore house I try to always add some sort of meat for my husband Jim. This particular night I added shrimp and the result was "...oh so delicious!"
To see the step by step recipe, visit From Captain's Daughter to Army Mom and check out my guest post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot to me, I love hearing from you!