Monday, November 30, 2009

Better Sandwich Bread

I sometimes get asked to review products on my blog, this is not one of those times. I actually was looking for a carb alternative to sandwich meat and cheese between when I stumbled upon this THIN multi-grain bread.


I love them, so I felt compelled to tell you about this new find. These are Arnold’s, also called Oroweat and there is also Pepperidge Farms sandwich slices. Finally for carb conscious people you can enjoy bread on both sides of your burger or sandwich instead of enjoying your sandwich open face. The whole “set”, top and bottom are only 100 calories, 1 WW, 1 gram of fat, zero cholesterol, 230 milligram of sodium, 22 grams of carbohydrates, 5 grams of dietary fiber, 2 gram of sugar and 4 grams of protein.

I like that they are pre-sliced, and it should be obvious however that given the “lightness” in the caloric department, don’t expect the bread to be thick and hearty. They are thin, just enough to give your ingredients a good coverage and that is it.

Use in place of burger buns, and lunchtime sandwiches. I've also used these thins for great homemade breakfast sandwiches...turkey bacon, egg and a little cheese. I can get all that in under 250 calories! This would make a great leftover thanksgiving turkey sandwich..with a little smear of leftover cranberry sauce.

2 comments:

  1. I've not seen these before! I'm going to look for them during my next trip to the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me, I love hearing from you!