Saturday, February 10, 2018

Pumpkin Pasta with Chicken Sausage


Pumpkin Pasta with Chicken Sausage


I am freaking out (dramatically) about how good and how easy this dinner was.

Ingredients:
12 oz pasta
2 T olive oil
Chicken Sausage, sliced (I found Applewood Smoked with Gouda)
1 C Pumpkin Puree
1 C Heavy Whipping Cream
Fresh Sage, chiffonade
1/2 t red pepper flakes
8 oz Fontina Cheese, shredded
Salt and pepper to taste







Boil pasta according to package directions. Reserve at least a cup of the pasta water before draining.

In a large pot or dutch oven, brown the sliced sausage in the olive oil and then remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl.

In the drippings from the sausage, add the pumpkin, cream, most of the sage, red pepper flakes, fontina and the drained pasta. Give this a very heavy pinch of both salt and pepper. Add as much of the reserved pasta water as you need to make this gooey and creamy.



I served the sliced sausage on the side, but you could also stir this back into the mac and cheese. I garnished with a little bit of reserved sage and fontina.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot to me, I love hearing from you!