Monday, January 15, 2018

Sausage, Greens and Beans


My family loved this cold weather pasta dinner, and I thought it was pretty easy to pull together. I used hot Italian sausage, cannellini beans, rigatoni and hearty swiss chard leaves.

The genius of this pasta recipe is in the contrast of the textures and flavors. If spicy isn’t your thing, sub in any fresh sausage you like.


Ingredients:
1/3 cup olive oil
2 sprigs rosemary
8 ounces spicy Italian sausage, casings removed
1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas or cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed, patted dry
1/4 cup dry white wine
12 ounces paccheri, rigatoni, or other large tubular pasta
Kosher salt
8 cups (lightly packed) torn escarole, kale, or Swiss chard leaves
3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan, divided
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons unsalted butter

Find the cooking instructions on Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot to me, I love hearing from you!