Saturday, February 7, 2015

Menu of the Week and the Terrible Peanut Shrimp Dinner


This menu of the week consist of some super easy meals. Shrimp tacos didn't happen on Sunday, instead we ate out with friends. Pot Pies and rice on Monday? I know, crazy right!? Monday was a holiday so our "Monday" was on Tuesday which is why Tuesday we had our traditional salmon meal.

The Chicken Tacos with refried beans are a super easy crock pot meal. I take a couple frozen chicken breasts (3-4 depending on how much leftovers I want) and put it in a crockpot set to low. I top with one packet of taco seasoning and a medium size jar of salsa. That's it. I put the lid on and let it cook all day while I'm at work. after 8 hours you can easily shred the chicken in the crockpot with two forks. You just really have to stir the mixture and the meat shreds. I warm up tortillas and refried black beans. Shred some cheddar cheese and set out some chips. Boom! Dinner.

The Sweet and Spicy Peanut Shrimp and Noodles was not great. I would not recommend this recipe. The flavor was flat despite the bold ingredient list. I tried to doctor it up as I went but ultimately liked eating the shrimp but didn't like the peanut butter flavor at all.

We were able to stick to our two salads and a fish rule this week. I also made a big bowl of Chicken Salad for lunches that turned out awesome. I started with a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and hand shredded the breasts. To that I added mayo, fresh chopped tarragon, fresh chopped dill, diced celery, split green grapes, grainy mustard, salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot to me, I love hearing from you!