Sunday, November 3, 2013

Harper's First Halloween



Harper was a Shrimp Sushi Roll for her first Halloween. I made the costume using a white onsie and several pieces of felt. Everything was attached using heat seal and bond. It came together pretty quickly.

The childcare at our office went trick-or-treating through the building. Even though Harper is walking on her own, I wasn't sure she would last the whole way so I decorated one of the push toys as a "sushi a-go-go" cart to help her.



I dressed in a chef hat to coordinate with her costume.


Later in the day the baby class competed in the group costume contest. They were Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Harper was Bashful... although it didn't seem that way when her teacher pulled her out of the buggy.



We had friends and neighbors over for a Haunted House(warming) and Harper dressed in the pink skeleton tutu.


There is my happy girl!

One of the fun snack foods we made for the party were these chocolate dipped pretzels.

We used both chocolate and vanilla candy wafers that you melt in the microwave. I would definitely do this again for other holidays because they are so easy and fun to make.


These candy cookies were an idea from Pioneer Woman, they were extremely simple to make.

My kitchen helper was more of a distraction than helper.

But that is okay, she's pretty darn cute.

Always on the move! This little girl had a great first Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot to me, I love hearing from you!