Friday, September 11, 2009

Chimichurri Sauce


I've heard of chimichurri sauce, and it sounds so good but I've never had it. So I decided to make it to put on some nice sliced steak. Chimichurri is a kind of green sauce also used as a marinade, for grilled meats and originated from Argentina. There are a ton of different recipes out there, but the most typical ingredient list I found for Argentinean chimichurri is chopped fresh parsley, oregano, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, and red pepper flakes.

I used a combination of fresh parsley and cilantro, a handful of each. Placed both in my salad spinner and washed very well.

Next I put all the clean herbs in the cuisinart.

Then I added six minced garlic cloves.

1 teaspoon of dried oregano.

1 teaspoon of smoked paprika.

1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper.

1 teaspoon salt.

1/2 teaspoon black pepper.

Pulse!

Next add 1/2 cup red wine vinegar and 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil.

Chimichuri!!! I love this green color.

The flavors are super herby, and go so well with meat. Next time I would add less olive oil so it would be thicker. I think this combo would be EXCELLENT as a marinade! I can't wait to do that next time, and maybe add minced jalapeno for an added kick. I gifted this batch to my neighbors, I wonder how they liked it... I will have to make more for Jim and I soon.

2 comments:

Your comments mean a lot to me, I love hearing from you!