Saturday, February 14, 2009

Skillet Coffee Cake

Happy Valentines Day!!

My standard weekend breakfast is some form of pancakes. I like to keep a box of all-purpose baking mix on hand for last minute biscuits, pancakes, waffles, dumplings etc. This stuff is so versatile.

This particular Saturday morning I decided to try something new I found on the side of the box. Coffee Cake but made in a skillet and I added some bananas.

Start with 2 cups all purpose baking mix.

Add 2 tablespoons of sugar to the baking mix to combine.

Add 1 egg.

2/3 cup milk.
Beat for 30 seconds.

I buttered my cast iron skillet and turned the heat on high.

Then spread the batter into pan.
For the topping, I combined 1/2 cup baking mix with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.

Also add 1/3 cup brown sugar.

Add 2 tablespoons butter and mix with a fork until crumbly.


To add a touch of fruit, I cut up one banana and topped the skillet with a single layer.


Next, I spread the topping evenly over the bananas.

Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes.


This is best served warm right out of the skillet.
What a way to start your morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot to me, I love hearing from you!